COSHOCTON PUBLIC LIBRARY RECEIVES NATIONAL GRANT FOR WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE DISCUSSION PROJECT
Let’s Talk About It: Women’s Suffrage programming will begin Tuesday, March 1, 2022
The Coshocton Public Library is one of 25 libraries nationwide selected to participate in Let’s Talk About It (LTAI): Women’s Suffrage, a grant designed to spark conversations about American history and culture through an examination of the women’s suffrage movement.
“This award supports comprehensive programs related to women’s suffrage,” said Project Coordinator and Adult Services Manager Megan Baughman. “With the support of local scholars, many aspects of this historical movement will be closely examined and celebrated.”
To kick off the program series, WOUB Public Media and the Coshocton Public Library will host a special viewing of Let Ohio Women Vote, a documentary highlighting the long fight for women’s suffrage in Ohio. This program will be held on Tuesday, March 1 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Participants may choose to attend either in-person at the Coshocton Public Library or virtually through Zoom. Registration is required and can be completed online or by calling 740-622-0956.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2022, Let’s Talk About It is a reading and discussion program that involves groups of people reading a series of books selected by national project scholars and discussing them in the context of an overarching theme. The Coshocton Public Library will host discussions on the first Tuesday of each month from April through August at 6:00 p.m. at the Coshocton Public Library.
As part of the grant, the Coshocton Public Library will receive the following books:
- The Woman’s Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote by Elaine Weiss | Discussion: April 5, 2022
- Women Making History: The 19th Amendment Book, essays compiled by the National Park Service | Discussion: May 3, 2022
- Vanguard: How Black Women Broke Barriers, Won the Vote, and Insisted on Equality for All by Martha S. Jones | Discussion: June 7, 2022
- Ida B. the Queen: The Extraordinary Life and Legacy of Ida B. Wells by Michelle Duster | Discussion: July 5, 2022
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow | Discussion: August 2, 2022
For more information on programming, including the list of book discussion scholars, please visit the library’s Events Calendar.